Shaman 1.0 Epic: Spear of Fate
The Shaman Epic should be done in a linear fashion because progression is based entirely on Truespirit faction. In order to progress, you’ll need an increasing amount of faction up until you reach the final turn-in, where you’ll need Ally.
This guide was made after the 2/20/19 patch nerf. Since this patch, the quest can no longer be multi-quested between players. You also can no longer repeat sections of the quest to quickly raise your Truespirit faction. The quest must be done fully now. With that said, I have not tested for any shortcuts since the patch.
1. Start off by heading to Ocean of Tears. Find Captain Surestout on Cyclops Island (+2500, -3000). Kill him. This will spawn a lesser spirit. Say “i wish to know more” to to receive Tiny Gem.
Alternatively, you can spawn a lesser spirit by killing Peg Leg in Butcherblock Mountains, an iksar manslayer in Field of Bone, or Blinde the Cutpurse in Rathe Mountains. The idea is to get a Tiny Gem from any of these a lesser spirits. You only need one.
2. Go to West Freeport and locate Bondl Felligan. He is behind a fake wall out in the field area. Give him Tiny Gem (100 faction increase). He will start pathing. Follow him, when he stops, say “you can buy booze“. He will then continue pathing to the basement of The Jade Tiger’s Den. Once he arrives, you will then see a greater spirit to his right. You can ignore the spirits dialogue and just say the following to it: “Heyokah” and “Walk the path“. You will receive Opaque Gem.
3. Make sure you have Enduring Breath. This part of the epic is VERY slow. It can take up to an hour or more to complete the whole thing. Head to Erud’s Crossing and find Ooglyn (-920, +1630). Give her Opaque Gem. She will instantly repop and start moving. She will swim into the water, back out, then in again. You will need to follow her until she emotes. Be patient and just keep following. Eventually, she will say “Ok, here Is place for you to for waiting. Hab fun shaman!“. Stay there and wait for an NPC for spawn. If you lose track of her or get lost you can use a tracker to find her; she does not despawn for a long time.
Four NPC’s will spawn in the following order: Srafen the Soaked, Dillon the Drowned, Froham the Forgotten, and Abe the Abandoned, a greater spirit. Go through the dialogue of each to spawn the next one. You’ll need to be patient as there can be a long delay between the NPC’s spawning. I recommend having a tracker in case they do not spawn on top of one another. I got lost personally doing this and had to bring a tracker box in to finish up the dialogues.
Srafen the Soaked – Say “here”, “wait”, “us”, “else”.
Dillon the Drowned – Say “no”, “disastrous”.
Froham the Forgotten – Say “who are you” then follow dialogue until he talks about an arrow. He won’t respond to the arrow text, but the next NPC, Abe the Abandoned will.
Abe the Abandoned – say “a broken arrow“, “i will give them the arrow“. If you only say “give them the arrow” then you may not get a response. Abe will swim off, stay where you’re at.
a greater spirit – say “Hail“, “what next path” to receive Small Gem.
4. Head to Rathe Mountains. Kill and loot two NPC’s. The items are tradable also.
Tabien the Goodly – Level 32. Loot Marr’s Promise.
Glaron the Wicked – Level 32. Loot Envy and Woe.
5. Go to West Karana and find a wandering spirit. It roams so a tracker helps. Give it Small Gem by itself (100 faction increase). Next, give it Marr’s Promise, Envy, and Woe to receive Sparkling Gem (100 faction increase). Follow the quest dialogue if needed, just make sure you have the Sparkling Gem before you leave.
Note: You can also say “shield of falsehood” to receive Shield of falsehood. This item is not used in the Epic quest, but is a bonus item you can wear.
6. Go to Emerald Jungle and locate Spirit Sentinel (+1250, +280). Give it Sparkling Gem
(100 faction increase). At this point, I was unable to communicate with the Spirit Sentinel any further (500 – Kindly faction). However, you can disregard this and move onto the next step anyway.
7. Go to Castle Mistmoore and locate Black Dire (+100, -150). Level 45, 200 hits, Harmtouches. If it is not up, you can supposedly kill an advisor in the castle to spawn him (not confirmed). Say “i will not join you” to Black Dire. It may not respond, but kill it anyway and loot Black Dire Pelt.
8. Go back to the Spirit Sentinel in Emerald Jungle. Give him Black Dire Pelt (100 faction increase). He should now speak to you. Say “how it all began” to receive Ancient Journal (6 slot container). You will also receive Black Fur Boots (Instant self-only SoW clicky)!
9. Go to City of Mist and kill trash mobs until you get the following six drops. Five of them drop from trash, and Student’s Log drops from a spectral courier, who can spawn in the stables or in the courtyard. Once you have all six, combine them in Ancient Journal to create Completed Report. Turn in Completed Report to the Spirit Sentinel in Emerald Jungle (100 faction increase).
Personal Diary Page
Priest’s Diary Page
Student’s Log – a spectral courier
10. Go back to City of Mist and kill Lord Ghiosk. He spawns after you kill a black reaver behind the first locked door in the back of the zone. Having a pick lock class to open the door is useful, or you can get Stone Key from Captain of the Guard. Lord Ghiosk drops 3 books you’ll need to loot:
Crusades of the High Scale
Head Housekeeper’s Log
11. While in City of Mist you’ll need to pick up the ground spawn Icon of the High Scale (+130, -366). The map below shows both with and without the Height Filter. It is on ground level inside the North temple in a small room.
12. Go back out to Emerald Jungle again. This time you will need to travel to the Lake on the North side of the zone. There you will find a second Spirit Sentinel under water. Give it Crusades of the High Scale, Head Housekeeper’s Log, Historic Article (100 faction increase).
13. Head to The Hole and find High Scale Kirn (-20, +260). A level 60 group should be able to handle him with ease. Give him Icon of the High Scale. He will attack. Kill him and loot Enraved Ring.
14. Go back to City of Mist. You’ll need to spawn Neh’Ashirr. He can be spawned by killing a black reaver inside the hut on the very last floating island. You’ll need a pick lock to get there. Be careful of the hole trap inside the hut; levitation is recommended. Once Neh’Ashirr has spawned, give him Enraved Ring. He will instantly respawn. Kill him and loot Neh’Ashiir’s Diary. A group of level 60s should be able to handle him. Note: You can also optionally loot Key of Torsis (temporary) to open the City of Mist elevator later (for last fight of epic). A picklock works just as well.
15. Go back to the Lake in Emerald Jungle. Give Neh’Ashiir’s Diary to Spirit Sentinel (1000 faction increase).
16. Go to Plane of Fear You will need to kill either, Dread, Fright, or Terror to spawn Iksar broodling. It is level 1. Kill it and loot Child’s Tear.
17. Go to City of Mist for the last time! You will need a lock pick again if you don’t have the keys. Unlock the first door, then in the hallway behind the first a black reaver you will see a wooden platform on the ground. This is actually a locked elevator. You can either pick the lock or use Key of Torsis (Temporary Key) from Neh’Ashirr. Take the elevator up and kill a black reaver in the back of the room to spawn Lord Rak’ashirr. Give him Child’s Tear. He will attack. Kill him and loot Iksar Scale.
18. – Final Turn-in!
Go back to Spirit Sentinel in the lake in Emerald Jungle. Give him Iksar Scale to receive Spear of Fate! You’ll lose all your faction gained upon Epic completion.