Warrior 1.0 Epic: Jagged Blade of War
The Jagged Blade of War can be broken down into 6 sections. You can right click any map to enlarge it.
1. Red Scabbard
– Head to East Freeport, speak to Kargek Redblade. Say “what favor” to receive Wax Sealed Note.
– Head to Ferrott, give Oknoggin Stonesmasher your Wax Sealed Note to receive Tiny Lute.
– Head back to East Freeport, give Kargek Redblade your Tiny Lute to receive Redblade’s Legacy. Hold onto it.
– Head to Permafrost Keep, kill a goblin wizard and/or a goblin warlock. Loot a Heart of Frost. It is a fairly common drop. While you’re here, grab a Block of Permafrost from the ice giant area. You’ll need it later in the quest.
– Head to East Karana, give Tenal Redblade your Redblade’s Legacy to receive Totem of the Freezing War. Tenal Redblade can be found on the far east side of the zone at the bottom of the gorge below the Highpass Hold zoneline.
– Then give Tenal Redblade both the Totem of the Freezing War and Heart of Frost to receive Totem of Fiery War.
At this point the only items you should have are Totem of Fiery War and Block of Permafrost. Next, we will need to kill some raid bosses.
Green Dragon Scales (Tradable, check the Bazaar) – Drops from:
Severilous – Emerald Jungle
Hoshkar – Veeshan’s Peak
Red Dragon Scales (Tradable, check the Bazaar) – Drops from:
Lord Nagafen – Nagafen’s Lair
Echo of Nortlav – The Hole
Talendor – Skyfire Mountains
Hand of the Maestro – Drops in Plane of Hate from Hand of the Maestro. Drop rate supposedly varies based on era. I have always gotten it on the first kill (did the quest twice, and killed him more often than that). You can also spawn him via an instance. Respawn time reported 12 hours, but I have not confirmed.
Spiroc Wingblade – Drops in Plane of Sky on island 5 from The Spiroc Lord. He death touches so bringing two tanks and and someone to resurrect is ideal. If you leave The Spiroc Guardian up (Island 5 boss), The Spiric Lord will respawn upon death, meaning you can farm him for multiple Wingblades. The Wingblade does not always drop, so it is recommended to use this method if The Spiroc Lord is not visibly holding the Wingblade.
– Head back to East Karana and give Tenal Redblade Green Dragon Scales, Red Dragon Scales, and Totem of Fiery War to receive Mark of the Sword.
– Then give Tenal Redblade Mark of the Sword and Hand of the Maestro to receive Tenal’s note to Kargek.
– Go back to East Freeport, give Spiroc Wingblade and Tenal’s note to Kargek to Kargek Redblade to receive Red Scabbard.
2. Ancient Sword Blade
Make 2 Rebreathers (Tradable, check the Bazaar):
Rebreather (Crafted, Tinkering, 175 Trivial)
1x Aqualung (Crafted, Tinkering 148 Trivial)
– Fine Coral Mesh (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
– Gnomish Bolts (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
– Metal Rod (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
– Metal Twine (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
– Silk Lined Steel Helm (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
– Fresh Fish (Bought – Klen Ironstove – PoK, -80, +237, Eastern Trader Building)
1x Firewater (Crafted, Tinkering, 17 Trivial)
– Gnomish Spirits (Bought – Klen Ironstove – PoK, -80, +237, Eastern Trader Building)
– Water Flask (Bought – Klen Ironstove – PoK, -80, +237, Eastern Trader Building)
1x Lime Coasted Meshing (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
1x Metal Fastening (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
1x Platemail Helm (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
1x Sharkskin Tubing (Bought – Tabben Bronal – PoK, -387, +540, Southeastern Trader Building)
Combine Aqualung, Firewater, Lime Coated Meshing, Metal Fastening, Platemail Helm, Sharkskin Tubing in a Toolbox.
Block of Permafrost – Drops from Ice Giants in Permafrost Keep. If you are following the guide, you should have one already.
Keg of Vox Tail Ale
Good Races (Bought – Maula Fishcatcher – Commonlands | Loc: +510, +2390)
Evil Races (Bought – Mariz Ixtaz – Neriak | Loc: -163, -938)
Give 2x Rebreather, Block of Permafrost, and Keg of Vox Tail Ale to Denken Strongpick in Ocean of Tears to receive Ancient Sword Blade.
3. Finely Crafted Dragon Head Hilt
Severely Damaged Dragon Head Hilt – Ground spawn in Timorous Deep. You will see it next to the Black King Chess Piece at the chessboard.
Giant Sized Monocle (tradable) – Drops from a mountain giant patriarch in Dreadlands. He is a rare spawn with any giant in the zone as a PH. It is best to camp the giant forts in the snow area of the zone. Rare Drop. It is also tradable so check the Bazaar.
Rejesiam Ore – Give your Giant Sized Monocle to Mentrax Mountainbone in Frontier Mountains to receive Rejesiam Ore. Mentrax Mountainbone can be found in the back of the cave within the giant fort in the middle of the zone.
Ball of Everliving Golem – Drops from Dread, Fright, and Terror in Plane of Fear. Dread and Fright both death touch. Terror does not. Respawn is approx 3 days. Uncommon Drop.
Give Severely Damaged Dragon Head Hilt, Rejesiam Ore, and Ball of Everliving Golem to Wenden Blackhammer in East Freeport to receive Finely Crafted Dragon Head Hilt.
4. Jeweled Dragon Head Hilt
Unjeweled Dragon Head Hilt – Ground spawn in Lake Rathetear. You will see a greenish white flame. The Hilt is almost directly below it on the lake floor. Loc: +2512, +924, -198.
Diamond – Random world drop gem. Tradable.
Black Sapphire – Random world drop gem. Tradable.
Jacinth – Random world drop gem. Tradable.
Give Unjeweled Dragon Head Hilt, Diamond, Black Sapphire, and Jacinth to Wenden Blackhammer in East Freeport to receive Jeweled Dragon Head Hilt.
5. Ancient Blade
Drops from Queen Velazul Di’Zok in Chardok – 2 hour respawn. Easy kill for a group of people in PoP era gear. You will need someone to lock pick the door that leads to the Royals area. Guaranteed Drop.
6. Final Turn-in: Jagged Blade of War
Combine your quest rewards from section 2-5 ( Ancient Sword Blade, Finely Crafted Dragon Head Hilt, Jeweled Dragon Head Hilt, Ancient Blade) in your Red Scabbard to receive your Jagged Blade of War! Congratulations!
You can turn the Jagged Blade of War into two 1-hand slashing weapons by combining it by itself in the Red Scabbard. You can get your 2-hander back by combing the two 1-handers together.
Right click the images to enlarge!