Paladin 1.0 Epic – Part 3
Fiery Avenger is the third sword required for the Paladin 1.0 Epic. It is quested. You must have both SoulFire and Ghoulbane to complete this quest.
You will need to get faction (Ally recommended) with Deepwater Knights. Luckily this doesn’t take very long! There are three methods you can use. However, the first one is vastly superior to the other two.
Method 1. Kill Atdehim Sqonci in Paineel. He gives +1000 faction and is on a roughly 5 minute respawn. Kill him a couple times to max your faction! He is level 45, fairly easy kill, and located inside the Cleric Guild. One other level 35 NPC next to him will aggro as well.
Method 2. Alternatively, you can kill Skeleton Guards in Paineel. Each kill gives 10 faction. The two in the noob yard instantly respawn. They are level 10 but hit for 120 and have a few thousand hp. You can also go into Paineel and kill guards, whom are weaker, but don’t respawn instantly.
Method 3. Kill Kobolds in The Warrens. Loot Kobald Molar. They are very common. They do not stack so you’ll need a lot of bag space. Turn them into Tiam Khonsir in Erudin. You can use the “FIND” feature to locate him. He is behind the Deepwater Knights building. You will get 5 or 6 faction per turn-in. This method is the slowest of the three.
– Loot Torn, Frost-Covered Book from any of the following:
Gorenaire in Dreadlands
Lady Vox in Permafrost
Faydedar in Timorous Deep
– Loot Torn, Burnt Book from any of the following:
Talendor in Skyfire
Lord Nagafen in Nagafen’s Lair
Severilous in Emerald Jungle
Note 1: You can easily skip Step 2 if you have a friend or alt who has the books already since the result of Step 3 ( Book of Scale) is tradable.
Note 2: If a harbinger of flame (Skyfire Mountains)/a harbinger of frost (Dreadlands) are available on your server (House of Thule+?) you can use them to spawn the dragons if they are not up. These are epic-only versions and must be spawned by the appropriate class (Paladins in this case). You can alternatively start an Agent of Change instance to spawn them in their regular forms.
Once you have both books, go to North Qeynos and find Rineval Talyas (-160, -345). Give her Torn, Frost-Covered Book, Torn, Burnt Book, and 1000pp to receive Book of Scale (tradable).
Go to Ocean of Tears and give Book of Scale to Oracle of K`Arnon to receive Miragul’s Phylactery.
As of 2/17/21 Patch: Reduced the respawn time for the Oracle of K’Arnon from about 7 hours to 2 hours.
Head to Everfrost. You will need to find an opening in the frozen lake and swim to the underwater tunnels. You are looking for Lich of Miragul. He roams around in the caves. He will con as “KOS”, however he doesn’t attack and you shouldn’t need to charm him to do the turn-in. I was able to hand it in with no problems. Give him Miragul’s Phylactery to spawn Miragul. Kill Miragul and loot Miragul’s Head and Miragul’s Robe.
As of 2/17/21 Patch: Lich of Miragul will now spawn 35 hours after being killed. There will now be a delay between 5 and 14 hours before it will spawn for the first time.
1) Head to Plane of Sky. Bring your SoulFire and Ghoulbane, and 500pp. You will also need to be keyed for Island 4 (Windmill Island).
2) First, go to the Quest Room. You can buy Efreeti’s Key from Key Master on Island 1 to access it.
3) Say “I wish to be tested by Dirkog” to Dason Goldblade in the Quest Room. Dason Goldblade will give you Walk with Evil. Give Walk with Evil back to Dason Goldblade to spawn Dirkog Steelhand. Give Dirkog Steelhand 500pp. Doing so will spawn Inte Akera in the Windmill on Island 4.
4) Head to up Island 4 (Inte Akera may only stay up for a certain amount of time – exact time not confirmed. If he despawns before you reach him then you’ll need to spawn him again.)
– First, give Inte Akera SoulFire to receive Inte’s First Blessing.
– Next, give Inte Akera Ghoulbane to receive Inte’s Second Blessing.
– Finally, give Inte Akera Inte’s First Blessing, Inte’s Second Blessing, Miragul’s Robe, Miragul’s Head to receive Fiery Avenger!
Now that you have Fiery Avenger you can move onto Part 4 to get your Fiery Defender!! Click here for the guide.